While we pay a lot of attention to the inner setup of our homes, space outside often gets neglected. However, there are various wonderful ideas where you can take cues from inside of your house and use cozy patio with instilled indoor accents. There are ways in which you could create an outdoor space that looks cozy yet lovely as any of the rooms within your house. It just takes clever ideas to take a cue from traditionally indoor accents. Some simple yet beautiful ways are:
Image Source – InhabitBlog
- Use a patterned outdoor rug: Anchoring the patio’s dining table with a patterned rug will not only make the place look a lot cozier but add a touch of formality to the entire space. It would eventually attract you or your guests to spend some quality time in bare feet outside your house.
- Add some pillows: Most of us would agree that most of the patio furniture is not the most comfortable options. It is especially true when you have the iron chairs and tables in that area. Hence, it would be a great idea to toss in some outdoor pillows. This will not only add cushions for a comfortable feel, but with colorful pillows, you can enhance the overall look of that area.
- Hang the Chandelier: If you have a covered porch, hang chandeliers over the dining table. It will look lovely and enhance the overall ambiance when lit up for your evening dinner.
- Plan the seating properly: Irrespective of the place, furniture should look comfortable enough to welcome the guests at your place. Ideas such as cushy couch for seating along with a café table will give you the perfect place for enjoying the morning coffee or having an afternoon nap with your family.
- Install a sideboard: Having a cabinet for stuffing you belongings and placing plants that add a touch of elegance to the area. The table can double as buffet tables for your family get together.
- Decorate with some candles: Candles can work wonders, and this leads to a perfect idea to place a candelabra that would lend a soft lighting with a bit of glamour for your evenings.
- Have a Side Table: The habit of reading and spending some time outside in the cozy patio becomes all the more attractive when you have colorful side tables. This eventually encourages you to carry your books or other essentials and sit outside for a considerable period of reading time.
- Place chairs in circles: While the design of the chairs you use matters a lot, placement of these can make a lot of difference. Organize the chairs in a circle with cushions for the cozy evening conversations that extend to the late nights with your friends or family.
- Place a coffee table: While we would certainly agree that placing too many tables in the patio could add inconvenience to the area, having a coffee table instead of the regular options could be a nice idea too.